Monday, June 27, 2011

We finally went to Moab together!

















Now that I finally have the time to blog about our trip to Moab, I'm finding it difficult to remember every detail! Anyway, we went at the end of March and the weather was absolutely perfect. We got there and pitched our tent at Moab Valley RV (a great place with RV hookups, cabins, and tent spaces for pretty good rates...) . We got there fairly late so we didn't do much on the first day...


The next day we got to go whitewater rafting! We had a BLAST! The water was frigid cold but the sights were breathtaking. Our river guide, Ian, was pretty fun and he pointed out faces and animals and other things you could imagine the shapes on the rock walls to be. I saw a standing bird on one of the rock faces (pretty clearly) and neither Brian or Ian could see it.

The next day we went for a bike ride around Gemini Bridges and around that area. It was so good to be back in a familiar place! I hadn't been there for about 5 years and I always love it there. It was so fun to show Brian around - and he and I discovered some new trails in that area that neither one of us had been on. Those were very fun downhill sections!

Brian went for a solo ride the following day (over some stuff I didn't really feel a need to go over) and I spent some time studying my beloved anatomy and physiology (I had a practical and test only a couple days after we were to return). I also went for a jog on a new trail (new to me) and did a little yoga on a big flat red rock. It was awesome.

When he got back, we lounged by the pool and soaked up the sun. It felt nice to be so warm there when it was so cold at home! Oh, and we had a great dinner that night! We ate at a Mexican restaurant and the food was delicious!

We spent some time hiking through arches national park and I saw some arches I had never been to before. It was nice to see some new sites with the man I love!

The day we left, the weather turned very crappy! (Good timing!) The last night we were there in our tent, the wind picked up and was gusting to about 40 mph (no joke). We didn't sleep much at all that night! In the morning, we got pelted in the face by a mix of drizzle and sand as we ran into a restaurant to grab some breakfast. Visibility was about 100 feet and there were massive tumbleweeds rolling across the road. Wow, we were happy were weren't staying that day! We left at a good time.

It was a great trip and I know we'll be back again soon... hopefully it won't be 5 years before we return. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment